Everything you need to do your taxes with ease.
Helps You Get the Most from Your Investments
Saves time by automatically importing your investment info directly from your financial institution.
Walks you through reporting sales of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Automatically calculates capital gains/losses and keeps track of those that carry over to future tax returns.
Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales, in three easy steps.
Guides you through reporting sales and automatically determines your correct basis for selling shares purchased at different times or different prices.
Shows you how to increase your 401(k) contribution without decreasing your take-home pay.
Finds over 20 deductions for landlords, from travel to advertising to repairs to insurance.
Simplifies reporting rental property depreciation and shows which depreciation method will get you the biggest tax deduction.
Guides you through deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs, and more so you don’t miss a single chance to save.
Shows you step by step how to set up new rental properties.
Feel Confident Your Taxes
Also includes everything in Deluxe:
Finds All Tax Deductions and Credits You Deserve to Get Your Biggest Refund
Maximizes Your Tax Deductions
Asks simple questions about your income, family situation and changes in your tax situation and credits. Then, based on your answers, searches for more than 350 deductions and credits to get you the biggest tax refund—guaranteed.
Looks for Deduction Opportunities as You Go
Shows you which deductions you’ve taken. Which deductions you haven’t. And tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity–no more guessing. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
Changed jobs? Got married? Bought a home? Had a baby? TurboTax guides you through common life changes, explains how the changes will impact your taxes, and tells you what you can deduct.
Does all the math and tells you if you qualify to deduct your medical expenses for maximum tax savings.
Why TurboTax Premier is the easiest choice for you …
TurboTax Premier was designed to help you make the most of your investments and rental property deductions, so you get the biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Premier if any of the following apply to you:
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Home & Business. It has everything in Premier, PLUS expanded guidance to help you maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions.
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Helps You Reduce Audit Risk
Tracks Your Audit Risk
Audit Risk Meter™ checks your tax return for common audit triggers. Shows whether your risk is high or low. And provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
Gives you step-by-step guidance on everything you need to know and do if the IRS contacts you.
Provides full-service representation by a trained tax professional. You will never have to meet with the IRS, unless you want to.3
Does the Hard Work for You
Asks Easy Questions, Tailored to You
Guides you step by step through your tax return and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. Skips interview questions that don’t apply to you, so you can finish your return faster.
TurboTax guides you through your taxes like a GPS,
with extra help for first time users.
|Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info
Gets your W-2 and 1099 data directly from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms. A brief summary lets you review and edit downloaded information if necessary.
Transfers Last Year’s Tax Info
No retyping necessary. Fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. Shows you what you’re importing and where it goes in your return. You can also import from other tax software including TaxACT and H&R Block’s TaxCut.
*New* Imports a PDF of Last Year’s Tax Return
Imports Your Financial Data
Imports information from your financial software (including Quicken®, QuickBooks® 2007 and higher4, and Microsoft® Money) so you can skip the cut and paste this year.
Flag areas in your tax return so you can get back to them easily.
Start your return and efile with Turbotax today.
Intuit will submit your return when the IRS starts
accepting them on January 14, 2012. The IRS
will email you a confirmation within 48 hours.
Provides Help and Advice When You Need It
Live Tax Answers
Get live answers online from TurboTax experts and other TurboTax users in our Live Community2. Plus you’ll have instant access to answers to commonly asked tax questions on every screen.
Straightforward Guidance & Advice
Find help on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax. Get plain-English explanations of specific tax areas and helpful examples when you need them.
Not sure how to answer a tax question? We’ll guide you to the right answer, making your taxes even easier.
Explains Your Return
Shows you a summary of your return, including income, tax, credits and payments so you know your taxes are accurate. Provides recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year.
FREE Technical Support
Got a software question? No problem! Get answers from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Spots Errors and Shows How to Fix Them
Smart Check™ Scans for Mistakes
Smart Check double-checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest.
With a single click you can check for updates each time you start to ensure your return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms. No more disruptions while you work on your return.
Get Your Refund Faster with Included Federal Efile
Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. Our Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
Get your refund in as few as 8 days with efile and direct deposit. Free federal efile is included with TurboTax at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, we’ll automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
Direct deposit your tax refund on a TurboTax Refund Card, a reloadable Visa prepaid card that can be used everywhere Visa debit is accepted. Or put your refund on a prepaid card you already have.
Which TurboTax is Right for You? Click to enlarge.
- Processor: Intel-based Processor 64 -bit
- Operating System: Mac OS X v10.6.8 (a 64-bit processor is required for v10.6.8) or later / Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later / Mac OS X v10.8.0 or later
- Monitor: 1024×768 screen resolution
- RAM: 1 GB of memory
- Internet Connection Required: 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: Federal plus State Product: 360 MB
- Printer: Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer
- Third Party Software: Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
1. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile of up to 5 federal tax returns. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns ($19.95). State e-file is an additional fee. E-file fees do not apply to New York state returns. All prices are subject to change without notice. 2. TurboTax CD and Download users must have Internet access to interact with the Live Community. 3. Service provided by TaxResources, Inc.; additional fees apply. 4. Windows Only. 5. Documents must be imported in electronic (PDF) format. 6.Based on 2009 reported company and survey data for personal returns. Actual savings vary based on tax situation. 7. Live tax advice service is free and available by phone or chat through 4/30/12 for questions on 2011 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Supported OS:Mac OS X v10.4.11+; Mac OS X v10.5.8+; Mac OS X v10.6.8+; Mac OS X v10.7.0+; Mac OS X v10.8 is not supported, as it was released after the April filing deadline
- Processor: PowerPC G3 or higher Intel-based Processor
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk: Federal Products: 300 MB
State Products: 30 MB
Federal plus State Products: 330 MB
- Internet Connection (Required): 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
Guides you step-by-step through investments and rental property income
Assists with stocks, bonds, mutual funds and employee stock plans
Free one-on-one expert tax advice live by phone or chat
Provides extra guidance for rental property income, expenses and refinancing
Includes Free Federal E-File and one download of a TurboTax State product
Includes Free Federal E-File
Plus, includes a download of one TurboTax State product