Tone Generator is an easy-to-use program that can be used as a sine wave generator, frequency generator or signal generator that can create audio test tones, sweeps or noise waveforms on Windows.
Some popular features and uses include:
- Generate test tones for radio audio level alignment.
- Calibration and testing of sound equipment or speakers.
- Reference tone generation for tuning musical instruments.
- Demonstration of audio principles to students.
- Acoustics testing and equalization.
- Quality control and testing of sound cards.
- Create harmonics by generating multiple sound frequencies.
- White noise generator.
- Audio band signaling.
- Hearing tests (under suitable medical supervision).
- Generate sine wave, square wave, triangular waveform, saw tooth waveform and impulse sound waves.
- White noise and pink noise generator.
- Supports sound frequencies from 1Hz to 22kHz bandwidth (subject to sound card output capabilities).
- Simultaneous tone generation (up to 16 tones can be created at once).
- Mono or separate stereo operation (ideal to create dual tones or ‘beats’).
- Log or linear tone sweep generation.
- Play generated tones or save tones as a wav file
|PC Minimum System Requirements:||PC Recommended System Requirements:|
Generate test tones for radio audio level alignment
Calibration and testing of sound equipment or speakers
Reference tone generation for tuning musical instruments
Demonstration of audio principles to students
Acoustics testing and equalization